- Do you offer financial aid?
Unfortunately we do not offer any financial aid or scholarships, nor does our program qualify for any federal assistance.
- I have a criminal background, can I still do the program?
Yes. NOTE: CDPH (California Department of Public Health) evaluates criminal convictions for any offense and either grants or denies certification based on criminal record clearance via LiveScan Fingerprinting. Failure to obtain background clearance prohibits students from obtaining a CNA certification. If at anytime during the students training or after completion of the program and or after passing their competency test receive notification from the California Department of Public Health that they have been disqualified from certification, SacMed Training is not obligated to provide any monetary refund for services provided.
- Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes we do. Our payment plan is an initial deposit of $300.00 is due 1 week before class. 2nd payment of $300 due by the clinical portion of the program, and the remaining balance is due 4 days before the last day of the program.
- Do you give the State test?
No. The test is provided by The American Red Cross.
- What is the minimum age someone can enroll in your program?
The minimum age is 16 years old with parental consent. Parents / Guardians will be required to fill out our Liability Waiver form when enrolling the perspective student. Please keep in mind most facility might have an age requirement for employment.
- Is CPR certification a requirement to enroll in the program?
- Do I have to be a Highschool graduate to enroll in the program?
Yes, or have a GED equivalent.
- Do I need my GED to enroll in the program?
- What is your accreditation?
We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the California Department of Public Health.
- What are the requirements to be in the program?
To have NO Felony Criminal convictions, to be a High-school graduate or have GED equivalent, to have a valid government photo ID, social security card, current physical examination, TB test, Flu Vaccination (for Fall & Winter Season).
- Are uniforms included in the tuition?
No. Students are to provide their own uniform.
- What if I don't have Insurance or a personal Physician to get all the medical requirements done?
We will provide you with information on where you can get these done.
- Does the tuition amount cover the medical requirements?
No. That is a cost to be paid by the student.
- I have recently got a Physical & TB test done, Can I submit those to you?
Yes, but they have to be within 3 months of your intended start date. If it is past 3 months then you need to get a new one.
- Can I register for multiple class dates?
Yes. Our classes get booked very quickly so in the instance that you signed up and were put on our waiting list you can go ahead and register for the next class session available.
- What color scrubs do we need?
Navy Blue (Dark Blue)
- What kind of shoes can we wear?
Any kind of comfortable walking or running shoe. Color doesn't matter but it should be leather material.
- Where do you hold your clinicals at?
The clinical portion of our program is held at Capital Transitional Care located at 6821 24th Street, Sacramento, CA 95822.
- Is the State Test in Sacramento?
Yes, but you can ask the test provider for other test locations if you're not from this area.
- What is your passing rate for the State Test?
Our passing rate is between 90-100%
- The class sessions have 2 different times, why?
For each class session we offer there is a time set for the Lecture portion and a set time for the Clinical portion.
- How can we be in class at 8:00am - 4:30pm when our clinical time says 6:00am - 2:30pm?
Our program is split into 2 portions, Lecture & Clinicals. The lecture portion happens for the 1st couple of weeks, once that is completed you start the clinical portion for the rest of the duration of the program.
- Do you provide child care?
- Do you provide transportation of any type?
- How often do you hold classes?
We hold classes all year long except December to account for the holiday season.
- When do you post new class dates?
We post new class dates a month in advance for our Day sessions. For Evening sessions & Weekend sessions the date in which they are released varies due to Teacher availability.
- What are your office hours?
Our main office hours are Monday - Friday from 10:00am - 3:00pm. Main office is closed on weekends & most federal holidays.
- Do you offer or guarantee job placement?
No, but we do try to help our former students by giving them information about job openings we hear from our Alumni or companies that contact us personally.
- If I was on the wait list and couldn't get into the class, am I automatically in the next class?
No. You have to contact us authorizing us to place you in the next available class or re-register.
- How does the Wait List work?
One of our Staff Members will contact you as soon as possible once a seat becomes available. If there is at any time that a spot becomes available in the weeks or days before the start date we go directly down are waiting list to invite any student that is interested to take that spot. We also will be filling vacant seats on the 1st day of class for students who do not show up.
- Are we required to pay the registration fee if we are on the waiting list?
No. Once you receive a spot in the class is when you can pay the $110.00 registration fee to reserve your seat.
- Do I have to get a Flu Vaccination?
Yes, it is a State Requirement and our Clinical Facility requirement that all members of the Healthcare team be vaccinated during the Fall & Winter season.
- How many absences are we allowed?
Students have a maximum of 3 absences throughout the duration of the program for our day & weekend sessions, and for the evening session students are allowed up to 5. Any time missed has to be made-up.
- I previously got a LiveScan Fingerprinting done can I use that to fulfill the LiveScan Requirement for your program?
If the previous LiveScan was done for Certified Nursing Assistant with the ORI code A1226 we can use that form, otherwise you would have to get another LiveScan done with our specific form.
- Do you guys offer Continuing Education Units for renewal?
No, our program is for initial certification only. For Continuing Education Units please visit M&D Quinley Professional Services, LLC (916)714-6060 / www.caregivertrainings.com
- Do you have online courses?
Unfortunately, we don't.
- How much is the State Test?
It is $110.00.
- Do you give refunds for the Livescan Fingerprinting if I have to withdraw from the class?
- Do you give refunds for the costs I paid to get the Medical requirements done if I have to withdraw from the class?
- Can I attend your program if I'm pregnant?
We advise expectant mothers to get a Doctors note stating that they can participate in the program without any restrictions. In the event that your Doctor does require a restriction for example the expectant mother cannot do any heavy lifting then we advise you attend our program at a later date.